Swimming feathery chatoyant waves and patterns of brilliant purple undulate throughout this beautiful cabochon of Charoite. This cabochon has some chatoyance and a pearly luster, but the patterns are the highlight of this one. A gorgeous stone which will make a stand-out piece of jewelry!
Charoite Designer Cut Cabochon
40.2 x 30.6 x 6.4mm
I cut this cab by hand and it's been highly polished both front and back with slightly rounded bottom edges for easy setting.
Note that all my photos were taken using full spectrum lighting, which does fairly well in replicating natural sunlight. However, almost all cut stones will look best and brightest in direct sunlight.
Charoite has been gaining steadily in its popularity as it is being discovered by more people. The swirling patterns of rich violet, lavender, purple and white crystals appear highly chatoyant with a beautiful pearly luster and create an almost unnatural beauty. It has actually been often mistaken for a synthetic material because of its unnatural appearance. Still only a recent discovery, it was first recognized as an independent mineral when it was found in 1978 along the Chary River (from which the name charoite is derived) at Aldan in Russia. So far this has been the only location at which charoite has been found and gem quality charoite remains relatively rare. The occasional orange patterns in charoite are the presence of tinkasite, which is an orange mineral inclusion.
Folklore/Metaphysical Properties: Although it is a relatively new mineral discovery, charoite was very quick to gain popularity among the metaphysical community. Some of the more prevalent uses of charoite have included:
- Enhancing self-esteem and spiritual awareness - used in Reiki to raise the heart chakra and earthbound energies, helping to enhance spiritual awareness;
- Awakening analytical abilities and precision;
- Used as a stone for transformation, both within the world and to other worlds;
- Grounding spiritual self;
- Cleansing auric body;
- Used to treat disorders of the eyes and heart, to allay headaches and general aches and pains;
- Used to improve degraded conditions of the liver and pancreas; and
- Stimulates and regulates the blood pressure and pulse rate.
1-3 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.